Sunday, November 4, 2012

i don't remember





i don't remember ever feeling so much inside my 5 foot 2 inch frame,
and i feel kind of like a brat,
because he's not going to afghanistan and he's not dying
and he's not breaking my heart.
but i'm standing at the foot of this mountain and i don't know how to climb up,
and i've always felt stronger with him holding my hand.
but he's about to face his own mountain, and he's a better climber than i am.
i've never felt so cold or scared or strong all at the same time.
missing can never stop you,
you know?
i'll never let missing stop me.
not missing you or missing my mom or missing semesters at school.
and i'm going to let my fears help me climb faster,
and when the time is right, i'm going to let them go,
and i'm going to run as fast as i can.
and i'm going to rely on my Heavenly Father and He's going to carry me to the top.
but before i go, before you go, and while we're still here holding hands,
you're the most beautiful person i've ever known.
and you've taken me to heights i never knew i could reach.
and i love every hair on your fuzzy head and every laugh you've ever uttered.
every wave you've ever given, and every smile you've ever shown.
and you're going to change the world, out there.
you change my world every day.
you're the best friend i've ever had.
and i'll never ever forget or regret you.
i'll miss you, and i love you.
thanks for making me who i am.
God be with you, Elder Larson.






"the Lord is on thy side."
love, laur

6 comments:

  1. love this. love you. love your mind. love your writting.
    you seriously are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Laur, and I love you :) you have such an incredible perspective, thanks for keeping me going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful laur. love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been in your place before, it's tough, but it's right.

    stalkayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so strong, miss laura, you're so strong. someday, i'll be as strong as you!

    ReplyDelete