Tuesday, December 6, 2011

lovelier




i often feel like my heart is going to fall out of my chest
because so much lovely is filling it up.
and i stay up late and wake up early
because too many lovely things are on my mind.
and i squeal and i laugh and i cover my eyes
because i hear about lovely things.
and i see the lovely lights
and i hear the lovely songs
and though summertime is no more
though tall buildings, and long boards
and the salt water and sand are miles away,
i have my stars above me
and my heart beating outside of me
and even though it can be scary
i've never been in a place that's lovelier than this.



"maybe one day we can go"
love, laura

1 comment:

  1. my laur, I broke my phone and lost all my numbers, so call me.

    i miss you.

    you lovely little snitch.

    ReplyDelete